Career Opportunities at Botswana Life Insurance Limited (BLIL)
Our aim is to be an employer of choice. We pride ourselves in providing equal opportunities for all our employees and potential employees to fully utilise their talents and potential. We are a learning organisation; we understand that our employees need to be continuously developed to remain competitive in the dynamic business environment. We offer opportunities for both experienced, mid-term hires and graduate hires.
Outlined below are the career paths one can follow at Botswana Life Insurance Limited, with a brief description of the areas.
Operations (Client Services, Business Support and Premium Administration)
- This function is made up of departments that ensure that the administration of client portfolios happens efficiently. The Operations function is made up of a number of business units namely; Client Services, New Business & Underwriting, Financial Amendments, Records Management, Benefit Payments and Premium Administration.
Individual Life (Retail)
- The department is comprised of two (2) streams; Individual Life and Retail Broker Business as well as the High Value Brokers Business. The latter mainly drives exceptional sales and service for independent brokers; relationship management with the said brokers; and maintaining activities so as to maximise profitability of the broker customer base.
Institutions and Affinity (Corporate)
- The purpose of this department is to manage group risk portfolios, corporate scheme benefits and annuity administration.
- The Actuarial Services department’s role is to efficiently and effectively plan, control and execute the actuarial activities in order to provide value-added support to the core business of the company. The actuarial activities include product development, product re-pricing, systems development and testing, profit and embedded value calculations.
- The function provides effective departmental support in finance related services (accounts payable and procurement, treasury, management and financial accounting reporting and payroll services for both staff and Annuitants) to other units and external customers on a day-to-day basis.
Human Resources (HR)
- The Human Resource department’s role is to drive the human capital agenda with the following HR entity controls being managed: recruitment, training and development, labour relations performance management, succession management, records management and payroll. The department is also responsible for ensuring that the welfare of staff is attended to and that the work environment is conducive for learning and productivity.
Marketing and Communications
- The Marketing and Communications department is responsible for developing and implementing strategies aimed at contributing to top-line growth for the business as well as Corporate Communications strategies for engaging with key stakeholders and contributing to the community through its Corporate Social Investment initiatives. The department is responsible for managing the image and reputation of the company and the Botswana Life brand.
Risk and Compliance
- This department ensures proactive risk management within the company, in order to ensure the achievement of Botswana Life’s strategic intent. It also has the responsibility of ensuring that both the company and its personnel are aware of and take steps to comply with relevant laws / regulations and company policies and procedures.
- This function maintains the company’s information systems, making sure that they are effective and reliable. Information Systems oversees all technical aspects of the company, such as software development, network security, and Internet operations.
Our Agency Community
- In addition to our administration personnel, BLIL employs direct agents who market and sell BLIL products. The agents are well trained and highly competent in tailoring sound financial solutions to meet our clients’ needs. To be successful in this role, one must be financially literate, sales focused, possess exceptional communication skills and have the ability to relate well with people of different backgrounds. All our sales agents must possess a mandatory minimum insurance qualification (Certificate of Proficiency).
There are currently no open vacancies at Botswana Life.