Nature of Website Contents
- Information contained on the website is intended to serve as general information on the chosen subjects and not as an exhaustive treatment of those subjects.
- Subscribing to any service or buying any product through the website where applicable is subject to Botswana Life contractual terms and conditions, and applicable legislation.
- Where Botswana Life provides a link to a third party website, it does not necessarily mean that the entity endorses, authorises, or sponsors that website, or that Botswana Life is affiliated to such website's owners or sponsors.
- The content or information displayed on the Botswana Life website or any third party website which may be accessed through links provided on the Botswana Life website is not intended as advice but merely as information. Before making any decision or taking any action based on any information displayed on the Botswana Life website or any such third party website that may affect your personal finances or business, it is recommended that you first obtain appropriate professional advice.
While Botswana Life will take care to provide accurate information on the website, the information displayed on the Botswana Life website is provided without any express or implied warranty. In particular, Botswana Life does not warrant that it is appropriate or suitable for any particular purpose, that it is complete or accurate, or that it or any hardware on which it is stored is virus-free.
Warranties Provided by You
For all purposes, you warrant and confirm;
- Your identity (that is, you are who you say you are), and that you can prove your identity should Botswana Life require you to do so;
- That all information you provide at any time to Botswana Life using this website will in all respects be current, complete, and accurate;
- That you will provide to Botswana Life all material and relevant facts required as may be appropriate to any dealings you have with Botswana Life. If you do not provide the information, or provide information that is incorrect, Botswana Life may, at its discretion, cancel the agreement or transaction arising from your dealings with.
Your privacy is important to Botswana Life. Personal information transmitted to Botswana Life will be treated confidentially.
Unless otherwise indicated in writing, all information, products, and services displayed on or accessed through the Botswana Life website are for your personal and non-commercial use only. You may not -
- Reproduce, modify, or create derivative works from; publish, distribute, transmit, or display; or license or transfer any of the content displayed on the website - unless you have Botswana Life’s prior written authorization;
- Post on or transmit to the website content of an unlawful nature, for example: (a) content that is threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane; or (b) content that could damage Botswana Life’s image or impair its ability to do business;
- Use the website in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Botswana Life’s server (computer), or network connected to any Botswana Life server, or interfere with any other party's use of the Botswana Life website;
- Interfere with any content displayed on the Botswana Life website or attempt or gain unauthorized access to the information displayed on the website to which you may not be authorized, or to any secure area on the website, a Botswana Life server or any other part of the Botswana Life information system. Any attempt, whether successful or unsuccessful, to interfere with the information displayed on the Botswana Life website or to gain access to information or any part of the Botswana Life information system to which you are not authorized, is unlawful and is an offence in terms of the Cyber Crime and Computer Related Crimes Act 22 of 2007.
- Create a link from another website to the Botswana Life website, or any of the web pages which constitute the Botswana Life website, without Botswana Life’s prior written consent;
Intellectual Property Rights
The website and all its content (including software, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information, and designs) are owned by Botswana Life. As the intellectual property rights in the content referred to immediately above are protected against infringement. It may not be used in any way without Botswana Life’s prior written consent.
Botswana Life reserves the right to -
- Refer any breach to the police if such breach constitutes a crime;
- Claim damages for all loss and damage it suffers, and expenses it incurs, as a result of your breach.
The user accepts sole responsibility and all risk for using material presented on or accessed from this web site. Botswana Life is under no liability to any person in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of information contained on and/or accessed from this site whether links from the site or otherwise.
Click here to download Botswana Life Privacy Notice.