This product is designed to insure the life of the policyholder in the event of death within the term of the policy.
There is an option to select a return of premium benefit. Where this option is selected, upon survival of the policyholder to the 15th policy anniversary and the policy has not been canceled or lapsed, Botswana Life will return the life premiums paid up to that date, increased by 20%.
This product comes with an option to add rider benefits such as capital disability benefit, accidental death benefit, waiver of premium on disability, family commuter as well as Thuso 911 benefit. Premium for rider benefits will not form part of the return of premium benefit.
- The minimum sum assured for this policy is P100 000 while the maximum sum assured is P1 000 000.
- There is no medical underwriting.
- There is 6 months waiting period for natural death caused by medical conditions that were unknown at the time of the policy application,
- There is no waiting period for accidental death.
Benefits for claims as a result of pre-existing medical conditions will be stepped as follows;
- First 6 months: P0
- 7-36 months: the minimum of full sum assured or P400,000
- After 36 months: the full sum assured
This policy will be terminated at the age of 70 years or upon reaching the end of the selected policy term whichever is earlier.